Tuesday, August 13, 2013

We're back!

We survived!
There were definitely times I wasn't sure we were all going to make it back from the two cottages, but we did with lots of bug bites, some great tans and lots of pictures and memories.
We spent Thursday night to Monday morning at my aunt's cottage in Parry Sound. My aunt, uncle, mom, sister and nephew were there as well. Another aunt and my cousin arrived Sunday night so there were lots of us crammed in but it's fine - we're family!
The weather wasn't the greatest and it was quite cool, but it was great fishing weather. We managed to get the boys to the beach a couple times to go swimming and they spent some time on the fishing boat. Other than that, it was a lot of time inside watching Power Rangers or Ninja Turtles.
 photo DSCN4128_zps0673c4a7.jpg
 photo DSCN4329_zps17b9e609.jpg

 photo DSCN4265_zps2fa8558a.jpg
 photo DSCN4389_zps5e4e48d3.jpg
We got home Monday early afternoon, showered, bathed, did lots of laundry and repacked to head to my in-laws and then to another cottage with The Husband's sister.
While visiting the in-laws we headed to Reptile Zoo to see Dinosaurs (and other reptiles). They scared the crap out of Joseph, but he enjoyed watching the snakes, crocodiles, alligators and lizards. Andrew was able to see some of them if they were moving around too.
 photo DSCN4401_zpsc7622a5c.jpg

Tuesday morning we headed to a little town called Plevna. The group we went with had four cottages that were on a nice green space and had a beach that the kids could play on all day long. The first day the weather wasn't great, but the kids were able to have Pirate Day where they did a treasure hunt and dug up some Ring Pops.

The remaining days were spent sitting on the beach, watching Joseph run in and out of the water and Andrew sitting on the edge of the water pouring it over his head. We went on some boat rides (Joseph got to 'drive' the boat), ate lots of delicious food and lots of laughs.

 photo DSCN4144_zps4549c506.jpg
 photo DSCN4451_zps270ded66.jpg
After that, we headed to another family cottage to celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday (he's a month older than Andrew). Once the party was done, we headed home. Both boys were asleep within 5 minutes of the drive starting and slept the entire way home (about 4 hours). It was lovely!
As much fun as I had, I'm so happy to be home. There's no little toddler sleeping in bed with us, Andrew's back in his crib and not in the Pack 'n' Play and they're back to napping like they used to!
Vacations are great, but I think I'm more tired now than before I left.
post signature
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...