Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'd rather have a root canal...

...than take care of a sick 2 year old when I'm sick myself.
This past week has been torture!

Don't get me wrong, I love my boys but the next time they're sick I'm going on vacation and leaving them in someone else's capable hands.
At the end of last week, just before Easter weekend, Andrew caught a cold from one of the other kids at our playgroup (big thumbs up to that mother who thought it was a good idea to bring your sick kid to a playgroup). He survived relatively unscathed although he did have some very rough sleeping nights since he couldn't breathe and have his pacifier at the same time.

We survived the weekend, he started to get better and I thought Joseph, The Husband and I would escape cold-free!

Not quite.

 photo DSC_0519_zpsc64afe84.jpg
Tuesday, Joseph's nose started to get a little runny and he was starting to act a little off. Wednesday, he was even more off, his nose was like a tap stuck in the on position and he didn't really know what to do with himself. Thursday, holy crap!

Thursday, he was up at 5:00 am, wanting to sleep in Mommy's room. Sure, fine, come snuggle in and we'll all go back to sleep. Nope! He was up. We headed downstairs to watch TV at 5:30. I took his temperature and it was 101.7, tried to give him some medicine (cue a scene from the Exorcist), waited a little, dropped down to 100, waited a bit more and it got down to 99.

Around 10:30, he just crashed on the chair.

 photo DSC_0520_zps246e3d27.jpg

As I said to The Husband, he looked like a college kid who'd been out drinking the night before and was trying to stay awake during class. It just wasn't happening.

He took a 2.5 hour nap and woke up with some energy that lasted a grand total of 15 minutes.

I'd say that was by far the worst day out of all of them. He refused to talk! He wouldn't tell me what he wanted, what was wrong, anything! He'd literally just walk up to me and start to cry. Usually, it was because he nose was running (how do you teach a kid to blow his nose?) and he didn't know how to wipe it.

Friday he started acting a little more like himself and by the end of the weekend he was completely back to normal.

 Honestly, it was the toughest two days I've had since he was born! It was crazy!

And a side note to that mother who decided it would be a good idea to bring your sick child to the playgroup, you get a big fist shake from me (possibly an unmentionable-on-this-blog gesture) and some serious stink eye from me. Unless you're going to take care of me and my boys when we're sick...STAY HOME!
  post signature
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...