Need a laugh? I definitely do! I'm so over being pregnant at this point and everything that goes along with it so check out the top five laughs from my week and then go check some others at The Mommyhood Chronicles.
1. J and I did some art on Thursday. He's all about keeping his hands as clean as possible. And I mean really clean. Even if there is a little speck of dirt, it needs to be wiped off. At dinner, he can't leave the table unless he wipes his hands thoroughly. So, you can only imagine what arts and crafts are like. This one included glue. The rest of the day he kept coming up to me wipe his hands and pick off little pieces of glue.
2. We're working on teaching J how to say 'please' and 'thank you' for things. Well, he's got the thank you down pat. Even to the point that when he gives you stuff he looks at you and says "Thank you" almost reminding you that you need to say it too.
3. I had to go to one of the government offices this week to ensure my maternity leave payments are going to come my way (apparently I entered my birthday wrong). When we walked in, he saw a Canadian flag in a stand. He proceeded to walk to the flag, say "Hewo Fwag" and wave. Yes, we had to say "Goodbye Fwag" on the way out.
4. We went swimming at my parents on Thursday night. My nephew, Michael, was there and he was actually the one that wanted us to come over and swim. J is getting more and more gutsy in the pool and is actually jumping of the step. However, instead of counting to 3 and jumping, he counts to six. Not too sure why six, but after six he says go and then jumps. It can be quite the wait. I also just started dunking him, which he now loves. He comes up sputtering but always says "gain".
5. This one is about me. I know I mentioned this in a previous post, but this pregnancy has made me crazy. The road rage is out of control! I find myself yelling, hand gesturing (no fingers, I'm still polite-ish). Yesterday, on the way to Cirque du Soleil, there were accidents all over the play making my 45 minute drive, 2 hours. I was so pissed! I'm sure others watching me think I was having some sort of nervous breakdown. The Husband told me to calm down so that I wouldn't go into labour! Everyone should get out of my way and stay home when I'm pregnant. I think that's the safest solution!
That's it. I'm trying to think if there was anything funnier than those five, but my Mommy/pregnancy brain is getting in the way!