I have found my new favourite dish (at least for now). A couple weeks ago, when I was hosting Toddle Along Tuesday, one of the other recipes that was posted was for Pizza Pockets (thanks Amy at Between the Chaos!) I haven't tried her recipe yet, but The Husband and I decided that we would turn our pizza into pizza pockets.
Here's the easy-peasy recipe!
1: Make your bread dough in your bread machine (or in buy fresh or frozen dough).
2. Roll out the dough (not too thin though!) and cut into squares or rectangles (pictured below)
3. Fill squares with whatever toppings you choose. I just put sauce, cheese and pepperoni. The Husband puts olives and mushrooms in his in addition to the first three ingredients.
4. Fold over, poke the top with a fork a couple of times and use the fork to seal the sides of the pockets together.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees.
6. Enjoy! (I usually cut mine in half too so that they cool down and are a little easier to manage).
J really enjoys his pizza pockets (especially with pepperoni in it)!
Let me know if you try to make them and how they taste!