For the Ribfest that we went too, instead of making ribs, I made a dessert. I love trifle but have never made one. This was my first (and I must say successful) attempt. It was all gobbled up at the party. Many trifles have strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, but I omitted the blueberries because it was Canada Day so I was going for the red/white theme.
It is really the easiest recipe I have ever made (aside from the Pillsbury cookies that you just need to place on the cookie sheet). Below are the ingredients and the steps:
-store-bought angel food cake
-Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding
-Low-fat Cool Whip (defrosted in plastic container)
1. Make up the Jell-O pudding. Place in fridge to set.
2. Cut up and wash strawberries and raspberries.
3. Sprinkle fruit with sugar and place in fridge
4. Take out the pudding, mix in about 1/2 - 2/3 of the Cool Whip until blended
5. Cut up angel food cake into pieces
6. Being layering - place 1/2 cake pieces on the bottom of the trifle bowl
7. Spoon 1/2 of Cool Whip/Pudding mixture on top
8. Add 1/2 berries
There it is. Nice and simple. It's a fantastic summery dish that I can't wait to make again for my family. I hope you like it!